roflberry pwncakes with a side of stfu noob

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Improv Everywhere

I tried to read my blog and I was so boring that I bored myself. And if I'm the person most in touch with my feelings, that means that I'm likely to be the one feeling the most empathy for me. But I'm still bored. That's pretty tragic. I will earnestly strive to be less boring! After all, it's not just me who uses the internet. ;D it would be so rude to clutter it up. tsk tsk.

A little coincidence today: in COM125 Mr Lim talked about something that sounded VERY SIMILAR to Improv Everywhere's mp3 experiments. I mentioned them, and he told me to blog about them so he could tell the class. The oddest bit is that yesterday night while I was hastily setting this page up, I stuck a link to IE in the sidebar as "link of the week".

Improv Everywhere also likes to repeat their "missions" - they've been doing "No Pants" since 2002! Personally, I think the No Pants missions are really boring. Most of the mission reports are logistics.

For the Mp3 Experiments, participants receive .mp3 files with music and instructions on them. Basically, everyone gets together, turns on their music players, and the show is on! It's a little more interesting than it seems. The first one took place in a theatre - the subsequent ones are fairly more elaborate! Imagine a group of people all doing things in rough synchronisation in complete silence.

Also imagine them traipsing through a park together led by giant snowflakes and raindrops and clouds and a shiny sun!

Now click on the links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home